Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Beginning again... again...

After taking a Winter break from paying much attention to my weight, I'm hopping back on the (seemingly smaller) wagon. I'm no longer using my GPS equipped flip phone to keep track of my "exercising," but have a new solution instead. After our family has tentatively taken up Geocache hunting, we bought a bluetooth GPS to use with my phone to look for caches. I can also use these same tools as a pedometer to track my walking and other imitations of exercise. Using the Map My Fitness family of websites (different titles for different activities, but the same underneath), I can upload my adventures and let the website calculate the results of what I've done. I've added two widgets to my sidebar (did you notice the all-new layout?) to show my latest activites and my cumulative results.  Pretty cool!

My wife is on her second week of Medi-Fast, which I'm vaguely shadowing her on. I'm trying to eat little healthy bits every couple of hours, and eating much less of the foods we've been giving the kids (pasta, nuggets, cheddar cheese).

Also of note, my daughter's formerly latent interest in Basketball has nearly become an obsession. I LOVE basketball, so I'm only too happy to hit the court with her and rebound as much as she wants to shoot the ball.
Blogged with the Flock Browser

1 comment:

  1. I love the new layout! I can't seem to find one that I love, that I don't need to mess around with code to modify lol!

    I wish you well on your journey

    ReplyDelete